Monday, September 28, 2015

MIA Monday

Just wanted to report in after completely missing yesterday. I have many personal chores to attend to this morning and a basketball game to play early this evening.

It's another "I'll read the Globe later" mornings here at the PPM, meaning I likely won't be reading it at all. The Pope has departed without incident, thank God, and you can scroll through the brief sermon for the rest of today's religion-centric garbage. Think of it as a preemptive abortion rather than lack of an embrace (pushing you away even).

That may come as a shock, but I'm no longer laughing at what happens to the old and young. Just don't drink the water in NYC (or New England) whatever you do.

I'm bailing out on this bozo for the OBVIOUS reasons (look out for the banana peel), and did take a brief look at the belch regarding Brazil before hanging up the phone and checking my wallet (it was a lot emptier than I thought). So if you don't mind, I'm going to skip the beer and the rest of bu$ine$$ section seeing as it makes me sick. Maybe I'm missing something but then again, I'm not wearing my glasses.

Moving half a world away, I simply must comment on what a brilliant move it was by Putin. Russian leaders play chess while AmeriKan leaders play poker. He just called their bluff, and once you get it through your head that ISIS™ is simply another in a long line of self-created enemies by the U.S. government, you can see the quandary it creates for them. I know China is making nice with Obama now (it's no big deal, but did you see where they didn't eat?), but when the missiles start flying.... oh, they already have (ISIS™is now in Afghanistan; ISIS™is everywhere!!).

At least he still has India on his side. Pope got most of the coverage, the Chinese trip came in second (must have been the hurdles -- as the accused spy was quietly released and the Pentagon tightens security), and you hardly heard a peep about Modi's visit.

On a more positive note, I did see the natural phenomena and was left me a bit in awe before I went to bed last night.

Time to put this blog to bed for the day. Sorry.