Friday, June 12, 2015

Skateboarder Saves the Day in Hawaii

I'm looking forward to listening to some of the radio show today as it is a rare occasion these days and will at least help give a difference perspective to what is going on out there.

"Skateboarder chases, detains driver police say hit girl in Hawaii" Associated Press  June 08, 2015

KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii — A driver accused of striking a teenage girl in Kailua-Kona was chased down by a skateboarder and detained until police arrived.

Joshua Lambus was in a car behind the SUV when he saw it driving erratically on Saturday afternoon, according to West Hawaii Today. Pedestrians were forced to leap out of the way as the driver nearly pinned them against the guardrail and almost hit a bicyclist, he said.

‘‘I just wanted him to stop almost killing people,’’ said Lambus. The SUV was on the same street as Lambus’ business, Maka Fine Art Photography, so he grabbed his skateboard from the shop and chased the vehicle, which was slowed by traffic.

Lambus says he arrived just in time to see the SUV go on the curb and hit a 13-year-old girl.

‘‘People were onto her, so I didn’t worry about her,’’ said Lambus. ‘‘I rode my skateboard up to the car door, opened it, engaged the emergency brake and held him there. I yelled at him a little.’’

The 30-year-old driver is now in custody. Police say the girl has been treated and is faring well.

--more--"

I might be back to post later tonight, readers. Then again I might not.